Tis the season, for delicious food! We tried out a few delicious appetizers and want to share them with you! For this round, we'll focus on this almost impossible to put down brie, apple and honey crostini
We made all these recipes in our WCPI test kitchen, and let's just say, the evidence disappeared really fast! They were a hit! Check them out below, as well as pictures from our process.
Brie, apple and honey Crostini - adapted from www.twopeasandtheirpod.com
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 jar apple butter (we used homemade apple pear jelly, featured here: www.myproduceclub.com)
- 6 ounces brie
- 2 large apples
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup candied pecans, chopped
- Honey, for drizzling over crostini
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Spread apple butter on one side of the baguette slices, about 1-2 teaspoons per slice. Place the baguette slices on a large baking sheet.
- Slice brie into thin slices and place on top of each crostini. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes or until brie is melted.
- While the crostini is in the oven, cut the apples into thin slices, removing the core. Squeeze lemon juice over the apple slices to keep them from browning.
- Remove the crostini from the oven and top with apple slices. Sprinkle candied pecans evenly over the crostini and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.