Here at Watsonville Coast, we are really feeling the wrath of the cold and flu season. No man, woman (or child) is safe this time of the year! It can really wear us down, especially after busy holidays filled with indulging food and drinks.
Let's use our wealth of fresh fruits and veggies to ward off the yucky stuff!
This "cold-busting" smoothie from I Deliciate is packed with antioxidants and cold and flu fighting ingredients to keep you healthy and is delicious to boot!
- 4 oranges, juiced (about 2 cups of juice)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks
- 1-inch piece of ginger, juiced or grated
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt*
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup ice, optional
- 2 capsules of probiotic supplement, optional
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth!
*To make this smoothie dairy-free and vegan, just use your favorite non-dairy yogurt.